Sunday, January 19, 2014

Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

It's -9 degress, go! It's raining, go! It's 20 mile winds, go!  Why you may ask am I crazy enough to answer like that and yes, I do run in those conditions. So do others. Again though, why?  I do it because not only does it make me stronger, it also helps me realize that I am able to make adjustments so I can endure an otherwise unpleasant situation. If the roads are icy, I put on my cleats so I do not slip and fall. If it's windy, I plan my route so my return path, when I am tired, is with the wind, pushing me home.  In winter months, I get up a few minutes earlier to allow myself time to put on extra gear for warmth and still have my precious run time.  I apply what I learn from running to see how I can adapt my tools, path and time to overcome and avoid obstacles and still reach my goals. I did run in -9 degrees last week because if I can adapt and get through that, then I can handle anything the day throws my way.


 Life is full opportunities for making adjustments and adaptations, take advantage of them and watch yourself grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment