Monday, April 22, 2013

Is it Time To Return?

Today is Earth Day and what a wonderful day it is starting out to  be!  This is my first post written shortly after a run.  I wouldn't liken myself as to having runner's high from breaking any speed barriers or distance records as I lightly ran a 1.5 miles, but I have to say I feel like I'm up on a cloud!  This was my test run to see just how well my foot is healing.  The real answer to my question, "Is it time to return?" will come over the next day or two to see how my foot reacts to the impact.  My euphoric feeling this morning comes from the fact that I was able to run, to do what I love, what my body and mind desire.  I can't say I have ever been addicted to the feelings that come from tipping a few back, smoking or the like, but I am addicted to the feelings that I get from running.  The great thing is, my addiction is a healthy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment